The Fourth Annual Presidents’ Day Weekend Chess Tournament is coming on February 13th! We’ve got 150+ players registered (who’s coming?), and are expecting over 200 to join us. Please join the Wilson, Gray, and Rieke teams in SW Portland by registering online here — late registration is available through Thursday Feb. 11th. Why come?
- Generous awards for teams and individual players:
- Nine team awards – to top three teams in three different ratings groups.
- Cash awards in two sections (1100-1299 and 1300+ sections)
- Trophies to the top FIVE places in each section
- Award medals to players with a plus score
- We work hard to keep section sizes small so everyone has a chance to compete and win, and everyone will go home with a commemorative gift!
- Fantastic sportsmanship trophies recognize outstanding and remarkable sportsmanship shown during the event.
To learn more about why we think you should join us at this fun event, click through on the link below…
More reasons to come!
- Fun presidential-themed sections and rooms throughout the day.
- Half-point bye available in advance if you need to attend a soccer game or other non-chess event during the day (note it in comments at registration)
- Donate to our backpack program and win awards for yourself and your team!
- Pizza and salad available for pre-order and on-site; free coffee in the a.m. thanks to our local Starbucks; snacks and drinks for sale all day.
- Plenty of space to spread out and play between rounds.
- Convenient location in SW Portland, close to I-5.
- And, of course, plenty of chess.