K-12 team chess tournament (G/25) & All-Ages USCF-rated Blitz Open
A 2023 OSCF State Championship Qualifier sponsored by the CHS Chess Club, Immortal Games, and the Kiwanis Club of Corvallis Sunrisers.
Location: Corvallis High School, 1400 NW Buchanan Avenue, Corvallis, OR 97330
Cost: $15 per player (cash or check only)
– $5 discounts for siblings or teams with 3+ players.
– Proceeds benefit Corvallis HS chess club
Sections: Open/Collegiate Blitz, G/25: K-5, K-8, and K-12.
– Players can play in higher sections based on skill level.
Rules (K-12): 5 rounds Swiss pairing. Game in 25 mins per side. NWSRS Rated.
– Team score = the sum of scores for the top 4 players.
– Individuals can play without a team.
– Games serve as qualifiers for the OSCF State Championship in Seaside, OR.
Rules (Open): Approximately 14 rounds. Round-Robin or Swiss pairing depending on # of players. Game in 5 mins with 2 second increment. USCF membership required.
– Trophies for top 3 teams in each section
– Medals for top finishers in each section
– 3 players in each scholastic section will receive a beautiful framed artistic rendering of a famous chess game by Portland artist Beth Markovic (immortalgames.us).
Open/Collegiate Prizes: Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 1st U1500 TBA based on number of participants. Minimum top prize $75.
REGISTRATION: To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thurs, Mar 2.
Adult blitz players: provide USCF ID and expiration date (required). K-12: Provide first/last name, school, and grade.
Check-in on Saturday morning from 8:00 – 9:00 am, with Game 1 starting at 9:30 am. $5 pizza lunch + concessions available during the tournament.
Contact: Phil Schapker Mendez